Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Julia's Peppery Pot Roast

I borrowed this recipe from Jen over on Pass the Pepper and I've made it twice since I've tried it the first time. Casey and I both really enjoyed it and it's one of those things that my mom used to make on Sunday that I never really bothered to learn how to make. The sauce had just the right amount of spice to it and it's definitely been added to our list of recipes.



(Source: Pass the Pepper)
Servings: A lot

4 lb beef roast
2 cloves of garlic - minced
1/2 tsp onion salt
1/2 tsp celery salt
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp pepper
1/2 cup ketchup
3 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp dry mustard
Dash of nutmeg
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp lemon juice
3 drops hot pepper sauce
1 cup beef stock

Bring the roast to room temperature, rub it with salt and pepper then brown it on both sides. Place roast in the crock pot and add 1 cup of beef stock to the bottom. Mix all the above ingredients together and pour onto the roast. Cook for 6-7 hours on high. I added a half of an onion sliced, carrots, and potatoes during the last 2 hours like Jen did. I also added a little more broth when I added the vegetables. I served it with corn and biscuits. Very good!


0 comments: