Monday, March 2, 2009

Potato Soup

I feel like I'm bombarding you guys with posts tonight, but I have the time to catch up on this stuff and I have my new computer finally! I'm actually currently eating the recipe that I'm about to post, so that's up to date blogging at it's finest.

I have no clue where I got this recipe from, but I've used it for a long time and it's really easy to make. The soup always turns out the right consistency which was what I had a hard time with when looking for a potato soup recipe.




Potato Soup

6 medium potatoes diced (I used 4 and it was plenty)
2 carrots diced
3 celery sticks diced (I usually omit the celery)
2 qts of water
1 onion chopped
6 tablespoons margarine (I used butter b/c I was out and I also just bought butter in bulk from Sam's, I'm embarrassed that I just admitted that.. anyway)
6 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 c. milk

In large kettle, cook potatoes, carrots, and celery until tender (around 20 minutes). Drain and reserve liquid and set vegetables aside. In same kettle, saute onion in butter until soft. Stir in flour, salt, and pepper.

Gradually add milk, stirring constantly, until thick. Gently stir in cooked vegetables. Add 1 cup or more (I added around 2 cups) of reserved liquid until soup is desired consistency. Add additional salt and pepper as needed.

0 comments: