Saturday, February 14, 2009

Beef Vegetable Soup

This recipe is kind of a comination of the way my mom makes vegetable soup and a couple of suggestions from the What's Cooking board. If you were one of the ones who helped me out with this recipe, let me know so I can give you some credit!



Beef Vegetable Soup
(Source: Mom & What's Cooking)

1 lb. beef stew meat
1/2 onion
1 can of corn
Large can of tomato juice
1 can diced tomatoes
1 c. fresh celery chopped
1 c. fresh carrot chopped
2 c. chopped diced potatoes
1 c. elbow macaroni

Brown stew meat for a couple of minutes in stock pot and then pour in enough water to cover beef and cook until meat is cooked through. Add in onion, corn, tomato juice, diced tomatoes, celery, carrot, potatoes, and macaroni. Cook until vegetables are tender and macaroni is done. Add salt and pepper to taste.

I accidently almost passed out from the heat in the bath tub on Thursday night so I may have accidently let my soup cook for too long b/c my macaroni was waaaaaaaaay past al dente. Just don't pass out in the bath tub and your soup should be fine. Otherwise this was exactly what I was looking for!


0 comments: